5 Steps For A Successful Spring Clean
It's official, spring has arrived! We’re starting to see a few more glimmers of sunlight in the day, Daffodils and Tulips are taking form and making their mark in our gardens, parks and outdoor spaces leaving a spring in our step. So, what better way to begin Spring than to take stock and give yourself and you’re home a fresh start. Whether that be a spring clean from top to bottom or simply organising your pantry, garden shed, cupboards or wardrobes - It’s out with the old and in with the new!!
So here at Hazelwood’s we have put together a very simple 5 step guide to a successful spring clean... (Enjoy!)
1. Get Equipped
Being equipped for the task ahead is essential in making a good first step into your spring clean. Check out our list of must haves to get you started:
- Rubber Cloves
- An all-purpose cleaner (Flash or Dettol)
- Rubbish bags
- A feather duster
- Glass & Window cleaner
- Carpet cleaner
- Empty boxes
- Plenty of sponges and cloths!
2. Lists at the ready!
Making a list of your key zones that require most attention is a great way of systematically working through each area rather than feeling daunted at the prospect of a whole house to declutter.
Start with a simple list and build on it.
- Kitchen - Surfaces, Cupboards, Shelving, Pantries, Windows, Floors etc.
- Bathrooms - Mirror, shower screen, chrome effects, bath & toilet.
- Living Rooms
Whether we like to admit it or not we are all guilty of hoarding items that we may not have actually ever used! To get the most out of the space in your home why not take some time to really decide what you do and don’t need. If you are looking to sell your house this spring, there is nothing more off putting to potential buyers than a cluttered house. What you may consider to be spacious suddenly can appear very small.
We recommend getting those empty boxes out and to start organising the items that you want to keep or recycle. One person’s trash is another’s treasure!
N.B Some companies will now buy recycled items such as books, DVD’s, CD’s, clothes etc. and will cover the postage costs too! So actually, your spring clean could lead to you earning yourself some extra cash, Bonus!
4. Odd Jobs!
We all have those chores that we know need doing but rarely find the time to. Making time to complete these niggly household tasks will increase the longevity of your appliances and your home leave you feeling organised!
- De scaling kettles and showers; you can pick up a home kit from any supermarket or home store
- Disinfecting washing machines with a commercial cleaner – Leaves clothes super fresh!
- Digging out your paint brushes and touching up any chipped or scuffed areas
- De-flint your tumble dryer to maintains a strong airflow
- Cleaning ovens. Although a tedious job you can again pick up some really effective home kits which provide sealed bags and cleaner to really tackle the inside of your oven!
- Wiping down any visible porch areas. Some simple soap and warm water is great for washing down plastic porch areas and conservatoires. Leaves a lovely appearance of a well-kept home.
- Finally, but most importantly,CHECK FIRE AND CARBON MONOXIDE ALARMS.
5. Finishing Touches
After all the hard work, it’s time to make the final touches that will leave your home with an all-round fresh finish - We recommend:
- Lighting your Yankee Candles for all to smell and see
- Spraying some of your favourite room spritz to create a welcoming atmosphere
- Don’t forget your four legged friends – They will enjoy a fresh bed too.
- Finally, open all those windows and let the fresh spring air in, sit back and admire your hard work!
Schools in Sutton Coldfield...
As an Estate Agent covering Sutton Coldfield and the surrounding villages I would say the most common reason for people moving into or within the area is schools. I am always very proud when prospective buyers ask me about schools in the area and I can stand proud and talk about how great they really are.
In a recent league table results TWO Sutton Coldfield comprehensives were placed ahead of their grammar equivalent on pupil progress, whilst Sutton Coldfield Grammar School for Girls and Bishop Vesey's Grammar School are ranked in THIRD and TENTH place ACROSS THE WEST MIDLANDS for GSCE results!
And the good news doesn’t stop there… TWO Sutton Coldfield schools have been ranked in the TOP 50 NATIONWIDE for exam results in a prestigious education survey.
The Arthur Terry School in Four Oaks achieved a whopping 87% of pupils with a minimum of C grades across 8 subjects – Well Done!
And finally, Fairfax School in Walmley is celebrating a number of standout achievements at A-level, including their fantastic achievement for the THIRD BEST SCHOOL IN THE COUNTRY in religious studies results and SIXTH BEST NATIONALLY for law results – Well done!